Honest Horse | HOOF BALM
HONEST HORSE HOOF BALM is an ultra-moisturising barrier for horses hooves.
Use it daily to maintain hoof condition throughout the year to protect hooves from environmental aggressors such as wet conditions, bacteria, dry conditions.
Ideal for hoof maintenance, dry hooves, cracked hooves and to help prevent thrush.
Did you know that the cheap solvents, animal fats and crude oil derivatives included in many of the big brand hoof care balms are actually drying when used long term? And let’s not get started on the carbon footprint of producing this type of ingredient.
A UNIQUE BLEND OF NATURAL, ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
No hoof, no horse. We’ve been really conscious of this when developing our Hoof Balm as it not only needs to be sustainable, it also needs to do the important job of protecting our horses feet.
Maintaining the moisture balance, suppleness and elasticity of horses hooves is critical to their health, so we’ve created a unique blend of human-grade, top quality ingredients to do just that:
- Sweet Almond Oil: A great source of vitamin E to moisturise and maintain hoof suppleness. It’s also anti-inflammatory
- Sunflower Oil: Helps support the hooves natural moisture barrier.
- Beeswax: Ethically sourced in the UK, beeswax is an incredible ingredient. We’ve used it in the Hoof Balm to enhance hoof elasticity. It is also anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and germicidal
- Shea Butter: Another delicious moisture-booster, this ingredient helps our Hoof Balm soak into the hoof wall for full benefit.
- Eucalyptus: Powerful anti-fungal properties to keep the bacteria at bay.
- Lemongrass: Another anti-bacterial, anti-fungal ingredient. When combined with the Eucalyptus, your horses feet will smell amazing!
If you want to take good care of your horses hooves whilst still being planet-friendly, add this balm to your kit!
WHY IT'S MORE SUSTAINABLE
Our balm comes in an endlessly recyclable aluminium tin. When processed through the recycling system in the UK, it take its new life-form within 60 days! Plastic on the other hand can only be recycled a handful of times before needing to be downcycled. Producing aluminium from recycled material saves 75% of the energy needed if steel were made from virgin material.
HOW TO USE
Apply to sole and wall of clean, dry hooves 2-3 times a week.
Go extra sustainable and use one of our plastic-free hoof brushes to apply.
- Approx 250ml
- Handmade in the UK
- 100% naturally derived ingredients
- Palm oil free
- Paraben, Sulphate and Petroleum free
- Mineral oil free
Eco-friendly Unsponges - Scrubbies twin pack
WHY WE LOVE THEM Did you know that traditional sponges are made of plastic? Nope, nor did we! How many sponges do we all get through on the yard each...
Honest Horse | Horse Shampoo Bar | SUPER CLEANSE
WHY WE LOVE IT When we were creating our first product for the ‘Honest Horse’ range, it soon became clear that a product with very minimal, biodegradable packaging, handmade from 100%...
#RidersOnAMission | Reusable Water Bottle
WHY WE LOVE IT We've been searching for a decent water bottle ever since we launched our #RidersOnAMission sustainability challenge in July 2019. Finding a good one has been harder than...