Honest Horse | LEATHER BALM
HONEST HORSE LEATHER BALM is an ultra-moisturising conditioning layer for leather.
Apply after using the Tack and Boot Cleanser to nourish and protect your leather from getting dry, cracked and mouldy.
You’ve spent hundreds, possibly thousands on your tack and boots, so its important to buy good quality products to keep them in the best condition.
This product is a tack room blessing. Rich in natural nutrients, this little gem will bring even the crustiest leather back to life. We use it after our tack has been worn in the rain (after it's dried) and the result is beautifully soft, pliable, protected leather. This leather balm offers a truly exceptional finish for your precious tack.
A UNIQUE BLEND OF NATURAL, ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Maintaining the moisture balance, suppleness and elasticity of your leather is critical to it lasting a long time, so we’ve created a unique blend of human-grade, top quality ingredients to do just that:
- Sweet Almond Oil: A great source of vitamin E to moisturise and maintain suppleness. It’s also anti-inflammatory
- Sunflower Oil: Helps act as a natural moisture barrier.
- Beeswax: Ethically sourced in the UK, beeswax is an incredible ingredient. We’ve used it in the Leather Balm to enhance elasticity. It is also anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and germicidal to keep your tack free from mould.
- Shea Butter: Another delicious moisture-booster, this ingredient helps our Leather Balm soak in for full benefit.
- Bergamot: To add a delicious yet natural scent to your tack cleaning experience!
If you want to take good care of your tack and boots whilst still being planet-friendly, add this balm to your kit!
WHY IT'S MORE SUSTAINABLE
Our balm comes in an endlessly recyclable aluminium tin. When processed through the recycling system in the UK, it take its new life-form within 60 days! Plastic on the other hand can only be recycled a handful of times before needing to be downcycled. Producing aluminium from recycled material saves 75% of the energy needed if steel were made from virgin material.
HOW TO USE
Wipe over clean, dry leather. Allow time to absorb then buff to shine. Avoid using on nubuck and untreated leather.
Go extra sustainable and use one of our plastic-free sponges to apply.
- Approx 150ml
- Handmade in the UK
- 100% naturally derived ingredients
- Palm oil free
- Paraben, Sulphate and Petroleum free
- Mineral oil free
Eco-friendly Unsponges - Scrubbies twin pack
WHY WE LOVE THEM Did you know that traditional sponges are made of plastic? Nope, nor did we! How many sponges do we all get through on the yard each...
Honest Horse | Horse Shampoo Bar | SUPER CLEANSE
WHY WE LOVE IT When we were creating our first product for the ‘Honest Horse’ range, it soon became clear that a product with very minimal, biodegradable packaging, handmade from 100%...
#RidersOnAMission | Reusable Water Bottle
WHY WE LOVE IT We've been searching for a decent water bottle ever since we launched our #RidersOnAMission sustainability challenge in July 2019. Finding a good one has been harder than...