Riders On A Mission
Riding and enjoying horses can be an expensive, that goes without saying! However in today's world the expense is not just in a financial sense, but in an environmental sense too.
From the clothes we wear to ride, the plastics we use and throw away, the chemicals we wash into the waterways and place onto our horses skins, the way we as a nation treat our horses. It all adds up, doesn't it?
Did you know...
- 26 million tonnes of the plastic produced every year ends up in the Ocean, according to Greenpeace.
- Recent figures from World Horse Welfare, the RSPCA and Redwings suggests there are over 3,000 horses & ponies in care in the UK due to having been neglected or abandoned.
- In developing countries, it is estimated that there are 250 million children between the ages of 5 and 14 who are forced to work in sweatshops, some of which produce the clothes we wear.
- Research by Cruelty Free International and the Dr Hadwen Trust suggests that at least 115 million animals may be used in experiments worldwide each year. Shamefully, the UK is in the top 7 'animal testing' nations in the world.
So we want to represent an uprising.
We want to make our contribution as equestrians, to take better care of our horses and our planet.
We want to satisfy a demand from the world’s equestrians for more transparency and ethically conscious shopping.
What is #RidersOnAMission?
#RidersOnAMission represents our reason for being.
It means that by choosing to buy from Honest Riders you are:
- Supporting charities that take care of our beloved equines as we donate a portion of our profits from the sale of every sweatshirt, tee and vest
- Reducing the amount of plastic you use as we endeavour to reduce plastic consumption in everything we do – from the delivered product in our packaging all the way back to our suppliers
- Saying 'no' to sweatshops as all of our garments are ethically sourced and made from environmentally friendly fabrics
- Reducing the amount of chemicals you put onto your horses (and your own!) skin as the horse care we sell is mostly natural and always sulphate and paraben free
- No longer contributing your hard-earned cash to brands that test their products on animals
You can find out more about each of the charities your money goes to by clicking on one of these links: